We are Christian
- In the Bible as God’s written revelation to man, and thus the 66 books of the Bible constitute the Word of God.
- In one God, eternally existing in three Persons, each equally deserving worship and obedience.
- In God the Father, as the first Person of the Trinity, who orders and disposes all things according to His own purpose and grace.
- In Jesus Christ, the second Person of the Trinity, who possesses all the divine excellencies, and in these He is coequal, consubstantial, and coeternal with the Father.
- In the Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Trinity, who is a divine person, eternal, underived, possessing all divine attributes.
- In God’s creation of man in His own image, and that man lost his innocence in the first sin of Adam, and consequently, that a corrupted nature is now transmitted to men in all ages, Jesus Christ being the only exception.
- In a salvation that is wholly of God by grace on the basis of the redemption of Jesus Christ, the merit of His shed blood, and not on the basis of human merit or works.
We are Reformed
- In the authority and sufficiency of Holy Scripture
(2 Tim. 3:16-17)
- In justification by the righteousness of Christ, obtained by faith alone
- In the Law of God as a rule and standard of righteousness for the believer
- In the centrality of plain preaching, which contains the whole counsel of God
(2 Tim. 4:1-2)
- In the church as God’s New Israel, and the unity of one people of God
(1 Pet. 2:9)
We are Baptist
- In baptism of those who give a credible confession of the new birth
- In a membership consisting of professing believers
- In the independence of the local church
- In the necessity of a committed and holy life
(1 Cor. 6:19-20)
- In the vital importance of attachment to the local church
- In the mandate to preach the gospel to every creature
- In the importance of teaching the whole Bible for the building up of the saints
- In the role of Pastors to govern and oversee the sheep
- That Christ has been given all authority on heaven and earth, and so sits as King over His church